21 April 2011

tapies

borrowed from here not a Tapies and not a painting
it's a wittily photographed wall

here
here

im being a good girl and researching the artists my teacher told me about that can help me with my work. one of them is Antoni Tapies. i found some  fragments of his work online, chose some i relate to most. i like the chaotic look of strokes and meaningless elements lying around. its interesting when they communicate with each other, funny thing is that as chaotic as they are, all of these feel very harmonized to me. it doesnts bother me. i dont like looking at something that bothers me, although that seems to be what some people want to accomplish with their art. still valid, but not what im going for. right now im just researching how color and forms can relate to each other without having to simbolize something or look like something. i just want them to have a long and interesting talk and be friends.

No comments: